Netflix and Showrunner Brian Yorkey have released some crucial information about the second season of 13 Reasons Why.
After the explosive end to the first season, fans of 13 Reasons Why have been left with a whole lot of questions about the fate of the students at Liberty High School. Now, it seems we have finally been given some answers!
Here are 10 things we know about 13 Reasons Why season two:
1. The new season will give us some other perspectives on Hannah’s emotional story.
“I have heard from a number of people, “Well we heard all her tapes so her story is done.” That’s leaving aside the fact that for every tape there’s another person who has a story, which is the person Hannah mentions on her tape. We saw Hannah’s version of events unfold, but there’s a lot more to be told also about those characters,” Yorkey said.
2. The second season will continue on with Jessica’s story as she tries her best to return to a normal life.
“When people intimate that Jessica’s story is done, I find that a horrific thought because Jessica is just beginning the process of recovering from her rape, and we have a rapist who has not in any way been brought to justice,” Yorkey said.
3. The new season will change the narration. Hannah will no longer narrate the series as there will be no more tapes, instead, someone else will take on the role of narrator.
4. The show will explore two main themes. How society raises boys into men, and the way we treat girls and women in our culture.
5. The streaming giant teased that Bryce might finally get what is coming to him.
6. Although Katherine Langford‘s Hannah won’t be the show’s narrator, her character will definitely be back in season two.
7. Season two will follow in the footsteps of the first season, switching between both past and present.
8. The second season will kick off months after the events that took place in season one.
9. The new season aims to answer all of your burning questions.
“Is Tyler going to do something? What’s going to happen to Alex? Will Bryce be brought to justice? We’re going to answer those questions but I think, even more, we’re going to continue to look very truthfully and very honestly at what they go through, even when it’s painful at times,” said showrunner Brian Yorkey.
10. There will be a new piece of analogue technology introduced. Specifics have yet to be revealed.
Stay tuned for more 13 Reasons Why season two information as it is revealed.